-->

Thursday 14 August 2014

The Haunting(1999)-(Movies To See Before You Die-Horror)

A horror movie based on the 1963 of the same name. A Creepy, but could've been creepier. Liam Nesson, as doctor david marrow is a pure delight to watch in this horror fantasy. He is perfectly cast and just fits to the role .
The Haunting is a film that boasts a really creepy house, good effects work and sound work, a cast that seems to believe that everything around them is real and that house. There are scenes that make you jump, and the sinister aspects of what went on at Hill House in the past, I found interesting. There are genuinely creepy moments in the film and I liked the way the ghosts manifested themselves in sheets, curtains and the house itself. Jerry Goldsmith's score gave it the right atmosphere and the sound design had voices popping up around you.
 What I wish could've happened is for something a little more intense. Jan De Bont had a PG-13 rating to contend with and I think that he held back a little too much. Poltergeist scared me silly when I saw it many years ago, and it still holds up. The Haunting could've used a few more scenes of pure terror. The ending was for me, a little anticlimactic. 
   
 
Directed By Jan De Bont
Starring : Liam Nesson, Catherine Zeta Jones & Owen Wilson

0 comments:

Post a Comment